Join Doug for an exciting line up of speakers regarding MEMS manufacturing March 1-3, 2022
- Global trends: market drivers, emerging applications, intellectual property factors, business roadmaps, government policy effects.
- Technology aspects: process selection and development, PDKs and design rules, design for manufacturing, scaling, yield improvement, IP blocks, rapid prototyping, high volume production.
- Business aspects: competitive and market dynamics, “pure play” foundries vs. platform-based design approaches, technology transfer, IDM vs. fabless approaches, supply chain challenges, ecosystem development, cost management and reduction.
- Emerging technologies and processes: TSVs, 3D stacking, wafer level packaging, CMOS MEMS integration, EDA software and simulation tools, polymer and glass microfabrication, novel materials and coatings, lamination techniques, ultra-thin and flexible substrates.
- Packaging, testing, and reliability: equipment, tools, methodologies, case studies.
MEMS manufacturing in China: recent trends and ecosystem developments
Doug Sparks, PhD
CTO and Executive Vice President
China is seeing a dramatic surge in the growth of infrastructure for MEMS manufacturing. More than $160 billion dollars will be spent in China’s semiconductor industry in the next few years, at a rate of more than $10 billion per year. A significant portion of that investment will go into the MEMS segment. China is seeing a MEMS manufacturing transition from 100 and 150mm wafers to 200mm wafers, as well as a transition from government-institute fabs to commercial MEMS fabs and foundries. In addition, the high–volume MEMS manufacturing segment in China was previously post-wafer packaging and test, but now it is encompassing the entire wafer fabrication flow of the production cycle. This talk will provide a comprehensive overview of the major MEMS players, technology, investments, challenges and related services and devices available in China.
Register today! https://www.memsmanufacturing.com/register.html